Planning the big day – where to start!!
So the excitement and the surprise is starting to wane – your mind starts to turn to planning the big day ! Where do you start? It is a daunting prospect to many so we have put together a list of “hacks” that will get you started and in the frame of mind to start thinking about how and what to start planning.
1. Create a unique email address that you can use for all your wedding related correspondence. This will help streamline communication and not get mixed in with any of your normal day to day admin.
2. There are so many apps available these days to help you with your planning. Take the time to research which will suit you and your style of co-ordination. Talk to friends and other brides to be about which app they found most useful.
3. Set your budget – first and foremost – set your budget and a buffer. We all know as soon as the word wedding is mentioned costs seems to spiral out of control. The more you can control your budget and stick to it- the less stressful the lead up to your big day will be. Talk with your partner and make sure they are on the same page to avoid any awkward miscommunications around spend, and most of all, avoid a blow out.
4. Delegate – if you don’t have the luxury of a wedding planner, do yourself a favour and agree to some help. There will be no end of people willing to help you, so make sure you agree. Not only will it help you save time, it is a great way of brainstorming and talking things through. Group facebook accounts are a great way to help communicate what needs to be done and to keep people in the loop about where you are at with your planning.
5. Create a Pinterest account – for visual inspiration you can’t go past Pinterest. This is an amazing tool to help you visualise everything from your dresses and hair to styling, lighting and invitations. Create your account and start dreaming of your big day.